Assessing Community Needs by:
- Conducting surveys throughout the community to identify current needs and opportunities and to find out where members of the community would be willing to commit their efforts.
- Collecting existing data to better inform ourselves and our partners about existing conditions in our community.
- Developing strategies and systems to address community needs.
- Helping other organizations learn and use strategic planning processes to reach their goals.
Providing Resources by:
- Conducting training and learning opportunities for the community.
- Pursuing funding sources to help sustain programs or to start programs that do not exist but are needed.
- Serving as a support system for community programs and services.
- Developing community resource guides to help connect community members to available programs and services while at the same time working to promote information sharing among social service providers.
- Working as a connector to available community services.
Community Organizing by:
- Helping develop groups to address community needs and working to strengthen community partnerships.
- Promoting various projects and programs that improve community culture
- Collaborating with local organizations so all can succeed.
- Encouraging non-profit and for-profit organizations, groups and individuals to work together as all are interconnected in the community.
- Monitoring the successes and the challenges programs and projects face to ensure anticipated goals and outcomes are being reached.